The Village of Lytton is providing notice of a public hearing and public input opportunity for Bylaw No. 736, 2023 and Bylaw No. 739, 2023.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7 p.m.
WHERE: In-person at the Parish Hall located at 140-7th Street, Lytton, BC
Live Stream at: Village of Lytton – YouTube
Zoom Meeting ID: 845 2280 6195
Dial by your location
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
PROPOSAL: A public hearing will be held regarding proposed bylaws:
ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT NO. 736, 2023 is proposed to update the R1 Low Density Residential Zone to:
- Reduce the front lot line setback requirement for principal buildings from 6 meters to 3 meters except where off-street parking is located between the dwelling and the front lot line;
- Remove the minimum house size and width requirements;
- Increase the allowed maximum lot coverage from 35% to 50%; and
- Remove two sections from the R1zone: min house side and min width of house.
ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT NO. 739, 2023 is proposed to update the C1 General Commercial Zone to include single-detached dwellings as a permitted principal use where a dwelling existed or was under construction as of June 30, 2021. Reconstruction must meet all other Zoning Bylaw regulations including but not limited to setbacks and lot coverage.
All persons who believe their interest in the property is affected by the proposed amendment bylaws will be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard.
Members of the public can participate in the public hearing in-person or online and will be given an opportunity to speak on the bylaws.
PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Hand: Corporate Officer: 769 S- Trans-Canada Hwy Lytton, BC
3. Mail: PO Box 100, Lytton, BC V0K 1Z0
4. Join the public hearing in-person or on Zoom. Council will give you an opportunity to speak.
Written submissions must be addressed to “Mayor and Council”, include your name and mailing address, and be received by 12 p.m. on the day of the public hearing. Any written submissions received after 12 p.m. will not be accepted.
Any written submissions become part of the agenda package and will be posted on the Village website.
A copy of the proposed bylaws and other relevant background materials are available for review:
- on the Village of Lytton website: lytton.ca/publichearings
- at the Aspen Planner Site Village Office: 769 S Trans-Canada Hwy, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding statutory holidays).
Following the close of a public hearing, no further submissions from the public can be accepted by members of Council. This is necessary to ensure a fair public hearing process and provide a reasonable opportunity for people to respond at the public hearing.
Download the following documents: