Before you Apply
- Make sure you meet the applicant qualifications, property qualifications and equity requirements for the program you are applying for:
- Pay any overdue property taxes from previous years and outstanding penalty and interest charges. Do not pay your current year taxes.
- Claim your home owner grant (if eligible).
- Contact your bank or tax office to cancel any automatic payments being made to your property tax account to ensure your current year taxes remain unpaid at the time of deferment.
- If you have a secured debt on your property, such as a mortgage or a line of credit, contact your lender before you apply to ensure your approval into the tax deferment program doesn’t conflict with the terms of your loan.
Friday, April 17, 2020 – 11:15am to Friday, January 1, 2021 – 12:00am